Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time Flies When You're Having Fun?

Time flies when you're having fun. Or so the saying goes. Dull excuse, I know but I'm (hopefully) going to get on a routine of blogging. So let's recap starting from, say, December 2009.

In December, after a lot of thought, I decided to move back home and commute to school rather than live on campus. I gave dormitory living a chance and it plain sucked just wasn't for me. So I moved home right before Christmas break. Despite being in the ER on Christmas Eve and again in the wee hours of Christmas day (many thanks to my superhero Dad, Mark for rushing me to the ER at 2 AM), Christmas was great. I even got a Wii from my wonderful boyfriend for Christmas. But, the biggest highlight of Christmas would have to be this:

Miss Sara Bella. Bella for short. She is a purebred Boxer and was given to my boyfriend's mother on Christmas. All of the family had known about it for weeks but boy, was Patricia shocked on Christmas morning to see this baby girl!



New Year's was celebrated Up North as usual. Bella and Maple rang in the New Year in style...


In January, Eric and I celebrated our 4th anniversary and went to Portland and saw a Portland Pirate's game:

Oh, and did I fail to mention I got my very first perm as a Christmas present? Oh, okay, well I did. And I frickin' love it!



In February, I applied for two positions relating to OB/GYN. I interviewed for both and awaited a call back. Well, at this point, it's March. I get a call and was hired as a CNA/Unit Secretary on the OB ward at a hospital nearby. I began training and am absolutely grateful to have been given this amazing opportunity. I work two 12-hour shifts a week there and it's only temporary, but at least it's a foot in the door. On top of working there, I'm continuing working at the nursing home part time (part time my butt! I work over 40 hours a week there! But such is life...) and re-applied for the seasonal position as an ER Tech. I did that last summer and loved the experience so hopefully, I will get to work there again this summer...



March. I began really reconsidering my options in regard to my schooling, future, etc. I strongly believe that I want to be a Registered Nurse, but I'm not sure that the school that I'm currently at is the school for me. I have been accepted to two other colleges (still close to home with the plan of commuting) but really haven't made a decision yet but will let everyone know as soon as I do. Also in March, I made a fantastic 6-layer cake for my boyfriend's mother's birthday. Check it out:


ANDDDDDD.... I GOT MY VERY FIRST CAR. (And no, this is not the ACTUAL picture of my car but it looks exactly the same!):


And here we are, in April. Not a lot has happened other than the fact that I'm working constantly. I've recently began working partial overnight shifts (5p-3a) and I'm a bit partial to whether I like this or not. But my next paycheck will hopefully buy me this:






Oh and yet another curveball of life. In March, upon arriving Upta Camp at midnight, my face felt funny. I looked in the mirror and the left side of my face was swollen. I was really nervous and suddeny I started having severe jaw pain. Eric took wonderful care of me however and packed some snow into a Hannaford bag (limited supplies up in Moose Country) and the swelling stopped. After getting home, I went to the ER to make sure I didn't have some sort of infection. I have known I needed to get my wisdom teeth out for some time now but I've been procrastinating due to work, school, and fighting the "perfect" oral surgeon. Turns out, my teeth are severly impacted and need to come out ASAP. I have headaches nearly everyday and often get sudden onset earaches/vertigo. So on May 5 I have my consult to have all four teeth extracted and hopefully my surgery can be scheduled soon so I can rid myself of this pain in the ass butt. Sigh. Life's a beach, right?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the new beach and color scheme! Its perfect for you. Very nice post, hope you can post sometime again before another 4 months go by! Slow down a little though and enjoy the summer, you are only 18 and have so much more ahead of you!

Bernie said...

Just popped over from your mom's blog to say hello.....you are one busy young girl and I wish you much success in your nursing studies. I have a feeling you will be very good at nursing....:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

The dogs are beautiful. The impacted teeth, not.